Roadcare (M) Sdn Bhd
From REAAA Wiki
The company commenced operations in August 1999 as a consortium of three well-established companies, HCM Engineering Sdn Bhd, TH Technologies and Muhibbah Engineering Bhd.
The consortium brings together a vast experience in engineering construction and maintenance. With continued development skills and expertise, Roadcare is committed to developing a sound reputation of excellence and efficiency.
Together with our clients, Roadcare will continue its effort to achieve the Government's objective of becoming a developed nation by the year 2020 - by having a comprehensive, well maintained and efficient road network. To achieve the developed status, an efficient and cost effective maintenance strategy for roads is of paramount importance.
Mission & Vision
The company shall undertake specific maintenance operations to the highest standard of quality in an efficient, cost effective, safe and environmental friendly manner through the application of technology and continuous development of its potential.
The company shall venture out to capture and secure other maintenance project within Malaysia and overseas.
The company shall provide a learning platform to acquire knowledge and develop skills to facilitate the introduction of knowledge management practices and eventually transform it into a K-Organisation in the new global knowledge economy.
To develop Roadcare (M) Sdn Bhd as a premier highway and facility maintenance organization with advanced technologies and all-round capabilities to effectively deliver its services of road and facility maintenance to achive the lowest total life cost of the road.
Roadcare (M) Sdn Bhd has been awarded a 15-year federal road maintenance concession in Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan and Selangor in West Malaysia which commenced in February 2001 and due to expire in 2016.
Its estimated annual revenue is between RM150 – 180 million.
ROADCARE (M) SDN BHD,
87-1, Jalan Kampong Pandan
55100 KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
Tel: 03-9285 2257
Fax: 03-9285 4270
Roadcare has teams of mobile inspectors spread through the regions who are continuously collecting road condition data and recording road and drainage defects.
Roadcare provides rapid pavement evaluation services utilizing the latest high-speed survey vehicle technology as well as conventional pavement evaluation and testing techniques.
Roadcare provides maintenance services for rest and service areas, buildings and layby. The services rendered cover all works relating to the economical preservation of facilities, equipment and systems at a satisfactory performance level. The maintenance includes:
- Preventive and predictive maintenance
- Routine maintenance
- Routine maintenance and minor repairs
- Emergency repairs
- Alteration and improvements
Our road maintenance services include routine maintenance, periodic maintenance and emergency works.
a) Routine Maintenance
Routine maintenance works are carried out on a need basis to meet a minimum acceptable level. The work includes:
- Patching of potholes
- Sealing of surface cracks
- Reinstatement of edge deterioration
- Treatment of aggregate stripping
- Removing vegetation on paved surfaces
- Treatment of deterioration of concrete pavements
- Repair of concrete pavement joints
- Repair of paving blocks and slabs
- Regrading road shoulders and clearing vegetation
- Topping up of shoulders with suitable materials
- Grass cutting of prescribed areas within the road reserve
- Cleaning and repainting of roadside furniture
- Cleaning, repainting and maintaining bridges, culverts and waterway fertilising, weeding, pruning and replacement of dead plant
b) Periodic Maintenance
Periodic maintenance works are predicted and planned repair works. They are classified as minor reconstruction projects, which include:
- Pavement strengthening including overlays and recycling works
- Preventive maintenance works including mill and pave, resurfacing and all other associated works
- Repair and replacement of damaged /missing road furniture and signboards
Roadcare provides rapid response to emergency situations resulting from flood, wind or rain damage and include:
- Provision of traffic management (within) one hour
- Provide temporary traffic diversion if required
- Cleaning of debris and materials within 24 hours
Plant & Machinery
To complement its major functions, Roadcare has a fleet of maintenance machineries, vehicles and equipment to render full support for its maintenanor its maintenance activities.
Roadcare prides itself in its commitment to provide services to the community by coordinating "gotong-royong" projects, organizing public workshops on environmental awareness, road safety education and promoting civic mindedness, and providing opportunities for first aid and CPR training.
Research and Development
Roadcare has a continuous research and development programme to keep abreast with the latest technologies, innovations and know-how from around the globe. Supported by Kumpulan Ikram Sdn Bhd. Roadcare has laid are a complete research programme for year 2002 to 2006 in the field below :
- Pavement Materials
- Pavement Performance
- Advance Technology and Pavement Construction
- Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering
- Information Technology and Engineering
The findings of the research works will benefit the nation and the road user from the savings in road maintenance and vehicle operating cost.